Monday, August 10, 2009

John Hughes the Creator of What Truely Made the 80's

As I am sure many of you have heard the legendary John Hughes passed away this last Thursday of a sudden heart attack. His death touched the hearts of all those he ever worked with. Especially those privileged enough to work with his during his rein as the 80's movie mastermind, such as Molly Ringwald who worked as a lead in 3 of his movies. I once heard a saying that goes like this the 70's were all about staying alive, but it is the 80's that still live on. Hughes is why this statement is true. I can't think of anyone I know who hasn't seen, or at very least heard of, Ferris Bueller's Day Off.


But if you were to ask me...I LOVE the Ringwald trifecta! Sixteen Candles, Pretty In Pink, and The Breakfast Club. These have been my favorite movies since about the age of twelve. Maybe that explains my love for short hair during my high school years?



Sixteen Candles Pictures, Images and Photos


What are your favorite John Hughes movies? Or what are some of your favorite 80's movies in general?

No comments: